Study in UK

UK qualifications are recognized and respected throughout the world. Your UK qualification will be a solid foundation for building your future, boosting your career and prospects for a higher salary. UK universities, colleges and schools will provide a vibrant, creative and challenging environment in which to develop your potential. Quality standards for UK institutions are among the best in the world. Universities, colleges and schools continually have to prove that their courses meet strict criteria. Many other countries are now trying to follow the example of the UK.


The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October few universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.


English Language Requirements

  • IELTS minimum score of 7.0 for Postgraduate and 6.5 for Undergraduate Studies.
  • TOEFL minimum score of 90 (Internet Based Test) for Postgraduate and 80 (Internet Based Test) for Undergraduate Studies.
  • Exemption is possible if student has scored above 70% in English language in the X and XII std. (English Medium) & if medium of instruction throughout school & college was English.

Entry Requirements / Eligibility

  • 65% and above for humanities in XIIth.
  • 70 - 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engg in Std. XII / Diploma.
  • 2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification / experience. (Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%)
  • Completed / will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program.


  • 60 % and above in 1st degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
  • Some universities may even accept student at 55% and above in the 1st degree GMAT scores ranging between 600-700 by many Universities for Management Programs
  • If required, full time work experience of at least 2-4 years after 1st degree required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The same may vary from University to University
  • All MBA accredited universities require a minimum of 3 years above work experience and an age criteria of 25 years plus as a minimum age requirement.


  • Attested copies of mark sheets of Std X, XII, and all the 3 /4 / 5 years of the Bachelors degree.
  • At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. If you have work experience then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities.
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
  • Photocopied score reports of GMAT / IELTS / TOEFL if available / required.
  • Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses & Architecture programs).
  • Others (Certificates / achievements at the State and National Level and extracurricular activities).


  • Undergraduate - 3 years
  • Postgraduate - 1 year


  • Documents needed for making an application are resume, statement of purpose, mark sheets & certificates of X, XII, till Graduation or relevant degree transcripts in specific cases,
  • Certificates of extracurricular activities and passport copy, birth certificate & 2 reference letters from colleges & employers


Each university in New Zealand sets its own tuition fees, therefore the fees you will need to pay will depend on your chosen institution, subject and your level of study.

Most international students must pay foreign student fees at New Zealand universities. Under certain conditions however, international students can be exempt from paying foreign student fees because they are classed as domestic students (one example of such a category of students are international students enrolled in PhD programmes).

An undergraduate degree generally costs between NZ$ 18,000 and NZ$ 25,000 per year. Postgraduate studies can cost between NZ$ 10,000 and NZ$ 30,000. Costs largely depend on your chosen subject

You will also encounter some additional costs when studying in New Zealand, such as Overseas Student Health Cover charges and various fees, however these costs shouldn’t take much of your overall budget.


15 & 16 year Education with 75% or 2.75 GPA. IELTS - 6.5 overall or TOEFL - 85points (IBT)





The UK allows the international students to work part time depending on the kind of course they have chosen as well as the type of Institution they are studying with. The following table will give you a fair idea as to which students are allowed to work and for how many hours. .


Private college





















Some of the Universities and Colleges in the UK offer up to Pounds 2000 Scholarships to the International Students. The scholarships are based on merits and sometimes IELTS score is considered while awarding scholarship to the International Students. Some of the Universities in the UK have departmental scholarships which are awarded to the students for particular courses only.

For details about scholarships in the UK please refer to the following links:

Apply VISA

We counsel you to pick and grab the best opportunity to study in a foreign university. We realize that different individuals have different needs and therefore you need various options to choose the right one to realize your dreams.

A student VISA is a golden opportunity for any individual to go abroad and learn not only about the chosen course but also about life at-large.
The letter of acceptance from the university is among the first documents you must submit. Apart from that, you must have documents specifying the course you’ve enrolled in, duration of your studies, funding details, and a letter from your sponsor, if any.

Submit a letter of recommendation from your school teacher or college professor detailing your progress as a student under their supervision. If you’ve already worked somewhere, get a reference letter from that employer and pass it over to the visa office. 

Hand in all your previous degrees, certificates and transcripts detailing all the modules you’ve completed in your college or school. Attach documents, if any, indicating your academic and non-academic achievements in school or college.
It is likely that you’ve had to take the IELTS or TOEFL to prove your English proficiency, and if so, ensure you take those scores along with you. If you’ve had to clear a GRE or SAT, then you must attach a copy of those results as well.


1. Will I need a student visa to come to the UK to study?

Yes, you will have to apply for a student visa.

2. What types of student visa are there?

There are two types of UK student visa: Student Visitor VISA and Tier 4 Student VISA. A Student Visitor VISA (SVV) is sufficient for short academic courses and for most English courses. For longer academic courses, you will need a Tier 4 VISA. These are divided into two categories: Tier 4 (General) and Tier 4 (Child). Tier 4 visas are issued under the provisions of the UK Points Based System (PBS).

3. What type of student visa will I need?

  • For academic courses up to 6 months, or English courses up to 11 months, a Student Visitor VISA will be sufficient. (Note: the 6 - 11 month visa is also known as an Extended Student Visitor VISA, or ESVV).
  • For longer courses, or if you plan to extend your study time in the UK, you will need a Tier 4 Student VISA. If you are under 18 and want to study a course at GCSE level (NQF Level 2), you must apply for a Tier 4 (Child) Student VISA.
  •  If you want to study at a higher level (e.g. A Levels or University Foundation), you can choose whether to apply for a Tier 4 (Child) or Tier 4 (General) Student VISA. The requirements and conditions differ, so the best choice will depend on your own circumstances. If you are over 18, you must apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student VISA. Note that you cannot study at GCSE level or below if you are over 18.

    4. What are the requirements for obtaining a Tier 4 Student VISA?

  • The requirements for obtaining a Tier 4 Student VISA are: You must obtain a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the institution where you intend to study.
  •  Generally, an institution will issue a CAS only when you have confirmed your place by paying a substantial deposit. The institution must be recognized (i.e. have a sponsor's license) by the UK Border Agency. If you are over 18 and you want to study an academic course, the courses must be at NQF Level 3 or above (e.g. A Level or University Foundation).
  • There is no restriction on study level for under 18s. You must prove you have the funds to pay for your studies. As a minimum, you will need sufficient funds to pay your first year tuition fees in full, plus at least £7,200 (£9,000 in London) for accommodation and living expenses.
  • Usually, you will be asked to produce bank statements showing the funds have been in your account (or your parents' / legal guardian's account) for 28 days before you apply for your visa. Documentary evidence of a bank loan or sponsorship from a Government body is also acceptable.
  •  VISA applications are automatically rejected if you cannot prove you have these funds, or if they have not been in your account for 28 days before you apply for your visa.
  • If you are over 18, you may need to pass an approved English language test before you apply for your visa. English tests are mandatory if you are studying below degree level and may be required at degree level or above.
  • When assessing your visa application, the British Embassy or High Commission will also take into consideration other factors, in particular whether you have been refused a visa or refused entry in the past.

5. What are the requirements for obtaining a Student Visitor VISA?

The requirements for obtaining a Student Visitor VISA are: You must provide documentary evidence to show you have been accepted onto a course of study by an education institution recognized by the UK Border Agency. Your course must be no longer than 11 months (for English language courses) or 6 months (for academic courses). As with a Tier 4 Student VISA, you must prove you can pay for your course and support yourself during your studies. You will need sufficient funds to pay your tuition fees in full, plus £800 per month (£1,000 in London) for accommodation and living expenses.

6. What if I am already in the UK?

You cannot apply for a Student Visitor VISA or new Tier 4 VISA from within the UK. However, you can extend an existing Tier 4 visa, provided your course begins no more than one month after the expiry of your current leave to remain. If you have a Tier 4 visa and have been studying in the UK for at least 6 months, you will have a special immigration status called established presence. When you apply to extend your Tier 4 visa, you will still need to meet the requirements described above. However, you will only need £1,600 (£2,000 for London) for accommodation and living expenses, instead of £7,200 (£9,000 for London).

7. How do I know if the institution I apply to is recognised by the UK Border Agency?

  • The institution must be licensed by the UK Border Agency to sponsor international students. You can download the latest Register or Sponsors (pdf) from the UKBA web site. Institutions are rated as Highly Trusted, A (Trusted) or B (Sponsor).
  • Only Highly Trusted Sponsors can accept students onto courses at or below NQF Level 3 (e.g. GCSE, A Level and University Foundation courses). The B rating is assigned as a temporary measure for institutions that need to improve to keep their licence. B rated institution must either regain A status or be suspended from the register.

8. Will I be able to work when I am in the UK?

  • If you have a Tier 4 Student VISA, you may be allowed to work full time during vacations and part time during term time, but it depends on the level of course you are studying and the type of institution that sponsored your student visa. You can work full time during vacations and up to 20 hours per week during term time if your student visa was sponsored by a UK university and you are studying at degree level above (i.e. NQF Level 6+). You can work full time during vacations and up to 10 hours per week during term time if your student visa was sponsored by a university or a publicly funded college of further education and you are studying below degree level (NQF Level 3+).
  • If your student visa was sponsored by a private institution, you will not be allowed to work at all. Important: if you are studying a university foundation or pre-masters course on a university campus, you should check whether your student visa is sponsored by the university or by a private education provider working with the university. This will affect your right to work during term time. Your student advisor can provide further details if you are not sure.

9. Can I bring my family with me to the UK while I study?

 You can bring dependants with you only if you are studying a postgraduate course at a university or publicly funded college. The course must be more than 12 months' duration. You will have to demonstrate your family members (or you) have sufficient funds to cover monthly living costs.

10. What are the restrictions on Student Visitor VISAs?

 Restrictions apply if you enter as a student visitor. The main restrictions are follows: i) you will not be able to apply for more time in the UK, even to extend your studies; ii) you will not be able to undertake any employment, even unpaid placements or internships as part of your study; iii) you will not be able to study at a government funded school.

11. What is a Non-VISA National?

Non-VISA nationals do not need to apply for a visa for courses of 6 months or less. You are a non-visa national if you are from a country designated as a non-visa national country by the UK Border Agency. Countries on the list change from time to time, so you should always check with the UK Border Agency website for the latest information -

12. What is a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)?

 If you need a Tier 4 Student VISA to study in the UK, you must obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a recognized institution before you apply for your visa. The CAS contains information about you, the institution, your course, the fees due (in the first year) and the amount already paid. It also states the course start date and the latest arrival date, after which the CAS expires if unused. A CAS is specific to an institution, so you cannot use a CAS issued by one institution to study at another.

13. Are there any benefits offered to International students whilst studying in UK?

2 sources of benefit are:
NHS : All international students staying in UK for the purpose of education for 6 months or more qualify for free health care through the National Health Service.
NATIONAL UNION OF STUDENTS: Loads of discounts are negotiated on behalf of their student members on things like books, stationery, food, clothes, travel and entertainment. All students are entitled to free NUS membership.

14. Will I get refund if my visa is refused?

If your visa is refused and you have paid a deposit to your institution for tuition fees then you will receive a refund of the deposit when you send the institution a copy of your visa refusal letter from the High Commission. A few institutions deduct a small amount usually no more than £ 100 for processing the refund payment.

15. How can I finance my studies?

As compared to the cost of studying in India only, going abroad can seem to be steeply expensive. However one must keep the possible returns in mind which are in the form of quality of education, international exposure and boost to ones career when evaluating the costs of studying abroad. A student can rely on sources like family funds, bank loans, scholarships, bursaries, sponsorships etc to provide for funds required by him.

  • Bank Loans

Most nationalized banks offer students loans at competitive rates for considerable time periods which may enable a larger section of students to go and study abroad. They will ask for a collateral security to be pledged. You can even consider the possibility of an international bank loan. Kindly ask your e-BIZ counselor for further details.

  • Educational Trusts / Institutes

Such organizations may also be able to help the student to fund his studies abroad.

  • Sponsorships

A blood relative is always preferred but other sponsors can also help to fund your education in the UK provided a logical explanation is given as to why he is willing to sponsor you.

  • Should I pay a Deposit?

Some universities require the students to pay part of the tuition fees in advance in order to reserve a place for them in the university. In any case we recommend that all students should make a deposit payment as it facilitates in getting a student visa.